Personal Information We Collect
We only obtain personal data from you when you provide it directly, such as when communicating via email or registering for specific services. If you have previously given your data to SSI (for instance, as an employee), we may already possess it on file. If you register or log in to the SSI website using a third-party single sign-in service (such as LinkedIn, Google, or Twitter), which connects your social media login details with us, we will collect any necessary information or content that has been authorized for sharing from the social media provider to SSI, including your name and email address. Further data collected depends upon any privacy settings configured within each service and its respective privacy statement or policy.
How do we use your personal information?
The use and purpose of using your personal information will depend on why you are using the website. We use your personal information for the following:
Protecting SSI's legitimate business interests, which includes:
- Customizing your experience by offering relevant materials from SSI
- Understanding and improving user demographics on the site, identifying areas of interest, and making sure it fits with most visitors' computer settings are of priority.
- Measuring and increasing the effectiveness of SSI marketing programs across various channels.
- Enhancing our website content and navigation.
- Notifying you of service changes as well as notifying you about other SSI services which may be of interest, including publications and events.
- If you agree and it's required by privacy laws, we will process your information. If you've given us permission to use your personal information for certain purposes, we can only do so as long as you agree. You can withdraw your permission at any time.
- Compliance with legal obligations, which includes anti-fraud and money laundering safeguards, as well as meeting tax and social security obligations.
If SSI manages your personal information, the following rights belong to you:
- Access and Correction: You have the right to access and correct your own data. This is called a Subject Access Request. We understand that we must give you this information for free. Before granting access, we may ask for proof of your identity and enough information about your interactions with us to locate your record. If any of your information is incorrect, you can ask us to fix it.
- Oppose Processing: If we are no longer entitled to use your personal information, you have the right to object.
- Other Rights: Additionally, you may have the right to have your information deleted if we keep it for too long, limit its processing in certain circumstances, and obtain electronic copies of what we hold about you.
To exercise these rights or make a request, please reach out to SSI at email@example.com. We will make reasonable and practical efforts to fulfill your request if it complies with applicable laws and professional standards.
SSI has implemented adequate security measures, both technological and operational, in order to safeguard personally identifiable information against being lost, misused, or destroyed. Only authorized personnel and contractors have access to the data you provide them. Every employee or contractor who comes in contact with personal information must adhere to strict protocols to maintain its security. While SSI implements some great security measures, we cannot guarantee it won’t become accessible to unauthorized third parties. SSI cannot be held liable for any actions related to security breaches when data transmission takes place on public networks.